Pages

Nickyb's blogger...

Thanks for dropping by, this blogger is about my up's and down's, tear's and laughter that my interests can bring as I go about them in my own fashion..

This Blogger started through my fishing, and I enjoyed many a happy day enjoying everything that comes along with that, but times change, job changes, and wanting to do different things was to see the fishing gear making way for Motorcycles, and that is how you find me...
Hope you enjoy the Blog.

Nick.


All the best

Nick.

Sunday 1 November 2020

Its been a while...

A lot has happened, 
Firstly the Dragbike has gone, unfortunately the hours spent working on it, and then watching the weather, Covid rules, and then having to juggle everything to get there really didnt fill me with joy and wonder, although still very interested in the drag scene, I still enjoy a ride on a bike, and with no road bike to fall back on, it was very hard.
So, its got a new home, and hope to get to see it run next year...

Now, with the dragger gone, what's next...
Welcome to the trackday/road bike!

It's been around a while, and has a few scars and bumps, but all there and was being used up until recently.
So the plan is to inspect and refresh, then  bring up to Daytime MOT spec, meaning the odd wobble around the track is not where I become used to the bike, and allowing some road riding and learning how both bike and rider get on...
The first look round after getting it home and unloading all the bits and pieces, I found a weeping fork seal, most of the road wiring is still there, meaning its not been cut about to much, so altering the wiring loom to how I want it, wont be a problem.

The parts ordered have arrived, and the modifications have begun, top yoke has had the ignition switch removed and smoothed down.
both handle bars will be cleaned up and switch gear removed,
right hand bar to have a 3 button race switch, Run/Off, Start, and Horn button.
A single main On/Off switch will be on the Yoke, along with a 3 way switch for the Rain light which will double up as a Brake light.. 
and thats it, nice and simple dash switch gear,
the warning lights in the clocks that are not required will be blanked off, and a cover for the speedo for track use made up.

Bodywork is fibreglass, and a new fairing is on its way already! 
so will see how I feel about colours and things later.

The main thing is to get it together, clean it up, check all the suspension linkage, and just enjoy the fact I working on it with no agenda, or pressure, just fun...
Oh and the lockwire will be out, I do intend to make it a race prepared bike, but just for fun..
   




No comments:

Post a Comment