Pages

Nickyb's blogger...

Thanks for dropping by, this blogger is about my up's and down's, tear's and laughter that my interests can bring as I go about them in my own fashion..

This Blogger started through my fishing, and I enjoyed many a happy day enjoying everything that comes along with that, but times change, job changes, and wanting to do different things was to see the fishing gear making way for Motorcycles, and that is how you find me...
Hope you enjoy the Blog.

Nick.


All the best

Nick.

Monday 14 May 2012

Sunday afternoon, and I was loading the car off for a quick overnighter, weather looking good, and things got even better when I found out the lake was all mine for the night.
I did have a look around, but with nothing really showing, I opted for a one of the swims I've already fished.
A few casts with the marker, and I was in luck, the weed had not closed down the spots I'd found before, so time to get the Spomb going...Now this is new to me, I've been spodding for a while, but the Spomb, well, thought I'd give it a go, and the result, Love it, once I got used to the idea of launching a bomb through the air, and the noise it makes when hitting the water, things soon fell into place, and after a few casts, feathering it down to the clip helps with cutting down the noise, and it is quite strange watching the thing coming back across the water, but it is easier than spodding, no mix/particle down the back of the neck!!!
The rods where soon out, and the bivvy was not far behind, up and sorted, leaving me to enjoy the evening sun, and a well earned tea.
Tea from a stainless twinwall, nothing better.


The evening pasted into night, and apart from the odd bleep, nothing came my way, apart from a run from a few ducks at 3am, that was it, the bird life does like to wake me at about 3am each time I fish there! 
Dawn was soon lighting up the sky, and that was the call for me to start packing up, and heading home, so although no fish this time, it was nice to get out even for a short overnighter, and with a early waking, it gave me chance to have a look at the water, and spread some bait around.
looking forward to the next trip, and with a few more ideas on where I might be able to get a fish or 2 to slip up.

Very Nice.
All the best
Nick.






No comments:

Post a Comment