Pages

Nickyb's blogger...

Thanks for dropping by, this blogger is about my up's and down's, tear's and laughter that my interests can bring as I go about them in my own fashion..

This Blogger started through my fishing, and I enjoyed many a happy day enjoying everything that comes along with that, but times change, job changes, and wanting to do different things was to see the fishing gear making way for Motorcycles, and that is how you find me...
Hope you enjoy the Blog.

Nick.


All the best

Nick.

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Its not been the best of weeks for me, unfortunately, I've been under the weather from Monday evening (nothing picked up from fishing Sunday), which had me stuck at home, which really does get on my nerves, but with the weather looking okay, and the missus at home as well, we decided to have a few hours on a local lake.
I had a trip to the Doctors before hand, so it was about 11ish when we got to the lake, a few people where fishing on the other lakes, so we opted for the larger of the lakes, and set up.
I'd gone for a day away from the carp gear, so only a light feeder rod, some pellets, and a bucket of groundbait mixed with hemp was my choice for some action.
with a cast every 10 minutes or so, I was soon getting a nice swim going, and there was some signs of fish moving about, so looking good I thought, but after about a hour, 2 twitches was all I had to show for my efforts, a change of hookbait, and the tip rattled into life, a nice little Tench of about a pound was the result, and I'd have been more than happy catching them all day, but, what ever the problem was with the afternoon I'll never know, because not for the want of trying, nothing else came my way, which was really a bit of a shame, as I really fancied a good days sport, but alas was not to be this time.
Still, the sun was nice, and the missus was in charge of the tea making, so at least that was more than plentiful..

Tight lines

Nick B.

No comments:

Post a Comment