Pages

Nickyb's blogger...

Thanks for dropping by, this blogger is about my up's and down's, tear's and laughter that my interests can bring as I go about them in my own fashion..

This Blogger started through my fishing, and I enjoyed many a happy day enjoying everything that comes along with that, but times change, job changes, and wanting to do different things was to see the fishing gear making way for Motorcycles, and that is how you find me...
Hope you enjoy the Blog.

Nick.


All the best

Nick.

Saturday 13 October 2012

The Thames at night.

After what seems to have been a nightmare week at work, a good friend suggested a trip down the Thames for a evening, trying to trip up a Barbel...
Well the early finish, turned into a later one, and wee arrived with just enough daylight to pick a swim, and get the gear down to the river.

The water although not looking bad, was pushing through, and 5oz lead helped keep the bait where I wanted it. and so I settled back into the chair(now fixed thanks to a little help from a Korum bait needle!), the night was soon on us, and the cloud light, allowing a lovely star studded sky to cover us,
the church bells sounded out the hour, while hot tea, and the odd biscuit helped with chill as the night got later.

But other than that, neither me or my mate, had anything to trouble the net, which although was a little disappointing, not really to down, as it was nice to have a few hours unwinding, just enjoying the night sky, and the shooting stars that really count!!

Hope to get out next week for another go, must use the new reels!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment